Type 2 Diabetes
Do you know your risk of type 2 diabetes?
Anyone can develop type 2 diabetes, but certain factors can increase a person’s risk. These risk factors include:
• Being 45 years of age or older
• Being physically inactive (little or no exercise)
• Being overweight or obese
• Eating an unhealthy diet
• Having a family history of diabetes
• Having polycystic ovary syndrome
• Having a medical history of gestational diabetes, heart disease or stroke
• Having pre-diabetes
• Being of African American, Alaska Native, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Asian American, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander descent.